Wednesday 19 January 2011

My homemade bags!!!

 My sketchbook - little sketches of ideas of bags...


When 
    I studied my NCFE course in part-time textiles, I found this amazing material and thought that would just make a great looking bag. So I set to it, cutting the material out to make a bag shape and choosing a textile that would look nice as the handle.I then sewed it all together and hay presto it was made!! The handle is made out of vintage cream material with little antique roses all over it. I chose it because I love the contrast between the retro graphics and the vintage flower pattern.









I made this lovely bag by hand, from scratch. The pattern that is on this bag is my own design especially designed for Button and Bows. I sketched and designed the pattern myself, then screen printed the pattern onto the material! I love screen printing lots and lots!! then I found some vintage buttons and decided to sew them on the top and add a silk bow to add with the whole Buttons and Bows theme. I've used this bag quite a lot myself and love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment